Athletic Policies and Information
All student athletes must complete these forms prior to starting practice.
If your son/daughter wishes to participate on an athletic team for John Carroll then the Athletic Packet must be completed in full before he/she can start practice. (Including any summer workouts)
Incoming freshmen are automatically eligible to participate in athletics, but after the 1st semester they must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 un weighted grade point average to be considered academically eligible for any athletic team.
We encourage our students to participate in as many sports as they can handle. Here is the list of sports we offer by seasons. Hopefully, there is at least one that you will and want to participate in.
- EL2 – FHSAA Preparticipation Physical Evaluation (3 pages) -You must have a current physical every year and the FHSAA form provided must be filled out completely (all three pages) by the parents/student-athlete/physician.
- EL3 – FHSAA Consent and Release from Liability Certificate (4 pages) -This has to be filled out completely by parent (Including the insurance information at the bottom). IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure to only write in the sports you are not giving your consent for them to play.
- Mandatory Concussion, Heat, and Cardiac Videos – All athletes must watch these videos, print the certificates, and return them with the Athletic packet to the Athletic Director.
- Travel Form -This must filled out completely by the parent and signed in front of a notary. (We do have staff members on campus that are notaries).
- Athletic Participation Fee – The fee of $150 is a one time fee for the year and will cover the student athlete no matter how many sports they play. This is due by the first day of practice of the first sport they are participating in
- Football Cheerleading-JV & Varsity
- Cross Country-Boys/Girls
- Football-JV & Varsity
- Volleyball-Freshmen, JV & Varsity
- Swimming & Diving-Boys/Girls
- Boys Basketball-JV & Varsity
- Girls Basketball-JV & Varsity
- Boys Soccer-JV & Varsity
- Girls Soccer-JV & Varsity
- Basketball Cheerleading
- Girls Weightlifting
- Baseball-JV &Varsity
- Softball-JV & Varsity
- Track & Field-Boys/Girls
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mickey Groody, JCHS Athletic Director, at (772) 464-5200 x132 or MGroody@JohnCarrollHigh.com.