Athletic Policies and Information
Athletic Participation Fee
The $200 one-time athletic fee will cover the student athlete – no matter how many sports they play – for the school year. This fee is due by the first day of practice of the first sport they are participating in.
Incoming freshmen are automatically eligible to participate in athletics. After the first semester, they must maintain a minimum 2.0 unweighted grade point average to be considered academically eligible for any athletic team.
All student athletes must complete these forms prior to starting practice. If your son or daughter wishes to participate on an athletic team for John Carroll, the Athletic Packet must be completed in full before he or she can start practice, including any summer workouts.
- EL2 – FHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: You must have a current physical every year, and the FHSAA form provided must be filled out completely (all three pages) by the parents, student-athlete, and physician.
- EL3 – FHSAA Consent and Release from Liability Certificate: This form has to be completed by the parent, including the insurance information at the bottom. IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure to only write in the sports you are not giving your consent for them to play.
- JCHS Athletics Travel Form: This must be completed by the parent and signed in front of a Notary. (There are no Notaries on campus.)
- Mandatory Concussion, Heat and Cardiac Videos: All athletes must watch these videos, print the certificates, and return them with the athletic packet to Coach Groody.
- Football Cheerleading: JV and Varsity
- Cross Country
- Football: JV and Varsity
- Volleyball: Freshmen, JV and Varsity
- Boys’ Golf
- Girls’ Golf
- Swimming and Diving
- Boys’ Basketball: JV and Varsity
- Girls’ Basketball: JV and Varsity
- Boys’ Soccer: JV and Varsity
- Girls’ Soccer: JV and Varsity
- Basketball Cheerleading
- Girls’ Weightlifting
- Competitive Cheerleading
- Baseball – JV and Varsity
- Boys’ Lacrosse
- Girls’ Lacrosse
- Softball – JV and Varsity
- Boys’ Tennis
- Girls’ Tennis
- Track and Field
If you have any questions, please contact Athletic Director Mickey Groody at 772-464-5200 x132 or at [email protected].