Starting Monday, March 30, John Carroll will have limited office hours: Monday – Thursday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. The school will remain closed, but the front office will be staffed to answer phone calls, etc. Any staff members on campus will practice social distancing. We ask that, when possible, you direct any questions or concerns you may have to the appropriate person via email, so that we may more quickly respond to your needs. For a full list of faculty and staff and their corresponding contact information, please click HERE.
John Carroll will begin distance learning on Tuesday, March 31 and continue through April 15. There will be no distance learning on Holy Thursday (April 9) or Good Friday (April 10). All school activities that involve gatherings of 10 people or more, including sports events and practices, are canceled until further notice. The 30th Annual Golf Tournament scheduled for April 25 is postponed with a new date to be determined.
News and Updates:
- NEW Letter from Superintendent Gary Gelo to Parents: March 27, 2020
- NEW John Carroll High School Instructional Continuity Plan
- NEW March 26 update from Mrs. Heroux: In an effort to maintain strong communication with our families during this time, we are excited to share that JCHS has recently set up a new emergency notification and rapid alert system through Renweb/FACTS to facilitate quick and clear communication with our families. ParentAlert will allow us to send out communications via text, email and voice messages for all types of events. During these uncertain times, we feel strongly that the ability to provide fast, efficient communication with our community is of utmost importance. To ensure that you are able to receive our alerts please text the keyword “START” to 22-383 from your mobile device. Any text alerts from our school will begin with “JCHS” and calls will show from 772-464-5200. Note: Per the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, we have to provide all recipients the option to Opt Out of receiving our alerts. Anytime we send out a text alert, you will see “Stop to End.” If you reply “Stop,” you will no longer receive our text alerts regardless if we select you as a recipient.
- John Carroll High School Digital Learning Protocol for Students
- John Carroll High School Updated AP Testing Policy effective March 24 2020
- John Carroll High School Distance Learning Plan for Students and Parents
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: John Carroll High School announces school closure through April 15 due to COVID-19
- Diocese of Palm Beach Update: March 17, 2020
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: John Carroll High School announces school closure due to COVID-19
- Diocese of Palm Beach: Memo to Parents re: Schools Closure eff. March 16
- Diocese of Palm Beach Coronavirus Update: March 13
- John Carroll High School Contingency Plan for School Closure
- The Speaking to Sparrows girls’ retreat has been cancelled.
- Have you wondered what participating in Mass from home looks like? Fr. George and Fr. Daniel model for us what to do and not to do as you prepare to actively participate in the sacred liturgy from home. Click HERE to watch!
- All sports events and practices are canceled.
- The Thespian Society’s Broadway Night fundraiser scheduled for April 18 will be rescheduled for the fall.
- The John Carroll High School Talent Show scheduled for April 29 is canceled.
- The production of Paper or Plastic scheduled for April 25 and 26 will be postponed.
- The 2019-20 Annual Giving Campaign is still in full swing! Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- The #jchsinthistogether social media campaign kicked off on March 24. Please email your at-home classrooms, offices and desks to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pets have made cameos too! You may also submit photos on social media.
- The 30th Annual Golf Tournament has been postponed. The new date has not yet been determined.
A look inside our at-home classrooms and workstations!