News & Events
Communication Handout from Back to School Night
2014-08-28Talk to us!.pdf
Talk to us!
We want to communicate with you,
and here are some ideas on how we can work together...
1. Website: www.JohnCarrollHigh.com
The JCHS website is visited by hundreds on a daily basis and serves a landing page for all school information.
** Visit our website which is updated daily and features links for all social media outlets, the Google calendar, platforms for every department, and connections to pay tuition, check grades, watch RamsTV, etc.
2. Facebook: Search: John Carroll Catholic High School
Facebook is the largest online social network, with more than 1.3 billion users worldwide.
** “Like” us and see our interactive posts that feature photos, school news, announcements, and fun competitions. Don’t forget to “tag” yourself and friends in the posts and to “share” our news.
3. Twitter: Search: JohnCarrollHS
Twitter is an online social networking and microblogging service that enables users to send and read short 140-character text messages, called "tweets".
** Follow us as we post daily updates on our page. We “tweet” about school events, sports, and late breaking school news.
4. Instagram: Search: JohnCarrollHighSchool
Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos and share them on a variety of social networking platforms.
** View photo of JCHS students and follow our posts!
5. E-Newsletter: register to receive them at JCCHS@JohnCarrollHigh.com
JCHS uses MailChimp as it’s an email marketing service provider, and will send
e-newsletters to its stakeholders on a regular basis.
** Read our colorful and informative emails which are distributed to update alumni, parents, and friends of JCHS. You can expect the JCHS Newsletter to feature the following information in each publication:
1. Administration Announcements (the latest news from school officials),
2. Support Today for a Better Tomorrow (updates on your philanthropy)
3. Academics & Extracurriculars (information on student accomplishments)
4. #RamPride (news on JCHS athletics)
5. Faith & Service (examples of showing God’s love on campus and in our community)
6. Staying Connected (explanations on our communication tools)
6. Use a Hashtag
A hashtag is a word or an unspaced phrase prefixed with the number sign ("#"). Hashtags make it possible to group such messages, since one can search for the hashtag and get the set of messages that contain it.
**Use #RamPride or #BeBold to help query our JCHS images and messages!
To submit information to be used on the website, social media sites, and in the e-newsletter, please contact Jennifer M. Trefelner at JenniferTrefelner@JohnCarrollHigh.com or 464-5200, extension 116.