Required fingerprinting and Protecting God’s Children course:
All parent volunteers giving their time in person must have completed the Protecting God’s Children course and have been fingerprinted. Please contact Kate Westenhaver at [email protected] regarding the class and fingerprinting process. If you have completed the training and fingerprinting within the last five years, please mention in the email the entity that you were/are assigned to and Ms. Westenhaver r will add you to the volunteer list at JCHS. If you have not, she will send you the necessary paperwork to get started.
Parent volunteer hours:
John Carroll High School requires parent volunteer hours in order to promote engagement with the school community and encourage partnership between the home and school. The school requests that all families complete 10 service hours within the school throughout the course of every school year.
What goods can I donate?
Needs will arise throughout the school year where a SignUpGenius is shared with parents in order to send in various donations. These donations range from cases of water for student retreats to gift cards for teacher appreciation, and so much more.
How do I log my volunteer hours?
- Access the Family Portal at the top of www.johncarrollhigh.com
- Login using the JC-FL district code along with your Username and Password
- Click on Family Tab and select the family member from the drop down box at the top of the screen
- Click ADD and fill out information describing your volunteer donation
- The “Verified By” box will be populated by a JCHS staff member once your donation has been recorded
2. Log your hours when dropping items off on campus in the book in the front office with Mrs. Remsen.
As always, we remain grateful for the commitment of our families and your support of Catholic education. We thank you in advance for the many ways in which you will support our JCHS community this school year and look forward to partnering with you on behalf of your child.
Parent volunteer hour opportunities:
- Looking to help get additional hours? Contact [email protected] for opportunities!