John Carroll High School Parent Volunteer Hours Requirement 2020-2021
John Carroll High School requires parent volunteer hours in order to promote engagement with the school community and encourage partnership between the home and school. The school requests that all families complete 10 service hours within the school throughout the course of every school year. Starting this school year, families will receive an update at the end of each school quarter on the status of their hours volunteered. Should a family not be able to complete any of these hours by the end of the school year, a service fee of $300 will be assessed. If a family only partially completes their number of service hours, the service fee will be assessed on a prorated basis. Every $30 donation counts as one hour of volunteering and must be logged in the Family Portal by the family. There is also a parent volunteer hour book for tracking in the front office. Please log your hours (whether conducting service on campus or dropping items off) on campus in this book in the front office with Mrs. Remsen. The hours will be approved and verified by a school administrator.
What goods can I donate?
Needs will arise throughout the school year where a SignUpGenius is shared with parents in order to send in various donations. These donations range from cases of water for student retreats to gift cards for teacher appreciation, and so much more.
What service can I donate?
Due to strict COVID-19 protocols, as well as the Diocesean volunteer screening process, John Carroll High School is limited to cafeteria volunteers only for the first semester. We are in need of three parents each day to help with the cafeteria process from 11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please consider signing up for one day a month to help us distribute lunch to our students. Please reach out to Mrs. Daigle at [email protected] to secure your volunteer spot!
How do I log my volunteer hours?
- Access the Family Portal at the top of www.johncarrollhigh.com
- Login using the JC-FL district code along with your Username and Password
- Click on Family Tab and select the family member from the drop down box at the top of the screen
- Click ADD and fill out information describing your volunteer donation
- The “Verified By” box will be populated by a JCHS staff member once your donation has been recorded
2. Log your hours when dropping items off on campus in the book in the front office with Mrs. Krueger.
As always, we remain grateful for the commitment of our families and your support of Catholic education. We thank you in advance for the many ways in which you will support our JCHS community this school year and look forward to partnering with you on behalf of your child.
- Golf Tournament on May 1, 2021 at St. Lucie Trail: Please contact Jessica Krueger at [email protected] for more information.
*Important: All parent volunteers giving their time in person must have completed the Protecting God’s Children course and have been fingerprinted.